Taking a pause for Wednesday and not feeling guilty

February 27th 2020  Wednesday


Usually I wake up and go walk my dog: Karma around our neighborhood with my neighbors and their dogs. Some days we are a fleet of women with our dogs; talking, laughing, and loving our best friend (.our dogs).  Wednesday is my day to go to Spin class and swim afterwards.

But; today was different. I woke extremely tired, but I forced myself up and had coffee.  I skipped the morning walk...I shopped and still felt out of energy.  So I just did a few things and watched a movie; called Virginia. It is about a single mom in Washington D.C. She led a movement to get a law passed to grant money to fund the public school system in Washington D.C.

The past few months have been intense with family issues. But this week in particular things have settled down and I feel a deep sense of relief.  So being so tired today was most likely a cumulative enormous snow ball that is finally melting away. Not gone yet but finally some rest.

But later in the day I began to feel guilty for not walking, biking and swimming today. 

NO...guilty feelings serve no one. So I turned those thoughts away and decided

TODAY I DID WHAT MY BODY AND BRAIN  NEEDED.

REST !!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts