Today is the day before the Superbowl. Our team. Seattle SeaHawks vs. the New England Patriots.  We have a party every year; mostly friends of my oldest son Joshua who loves the SeaHawks so very much that he has the logo tatooed on his arm. Last year the SeaHawks won against the Broncos and this year it is amazing that we are in it to win it once again.  Personally I do not enjoy football nearly as much as I enjoy watching basketball.  But since the vast majority of my family loves to watch this game; I support it by buying all the meat and snacks and cleaning the bathrooms and so forth.  It is fun to be a part of the excitement and to watch my living room roar with praise when the SeaHawks get a touchdown.

When it comes to football I take a strong stance against my youngest son Joey playing football for the high school team. Straight up; I don't want him injured.  He plays basketball and he is quite talented at it; I don't want to see him injured and compromise his basketball season.  He plays basketball year round and it is all his personal desire and interest that keep him there.  He has been playing since 1st grade and I don't think he ever grew tired of playing. He loves the game with that intensity.  So even though he asks me from time to time to play football; his 8th grade year I allowed him to play.  Mostly; I said yes because he was 2nd string corner back and would only be put in if the team was clearly winning by quite a lot.  Thus, the injury rate became very low for him and he got to shine as a player.  Also; I wanted him to get this experience out of his system and move back on to his true love; basketball.

Watching football is a whole different ball game.


Go HAWKS.

Comments

Popular Posts