how to manage depression

I have found the best way to manage depression is in the form of excercize.  It may take a big effort on your part to get out and walk, jog, ride a bike, swim, yoga, pilates, step class, Zumba, play tennis or any other number of activities.  But if you just get your shoes on and walk out the door.  YOU don't have to have it all planned out.  Just get outside and put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking across the floor and put one foot in front of the other and next thing you'll be walking out the door. 

Excercize raises your endorphin levels and this will stimulate your brain to feel happy.  It really works.  Just try it. Get your sleep but not too much of it.  I am struggling with depression right now.  I went swimming this afternoon and it helped.  I went without a specific work out plan.  I just told myself get in the water and the rest will fall into place.  I focused on technique and went slow.  I didn't need to swim fast to feel better.  I was in the water for 45 minutes. I made an agreement with myself to just do a light work out.  Over and over I had to tell myself just get the suit on and get in the water and move.  What ever you say to yourself; just keep moving.  YOUR mind will thank you later. 

Comments

Popular Posts