Fountain of Youth, California

Rich and I flew out to California to visit Joy and spend time with her for Spring Break.  We went to visit Grandma Sonoko and Tom for several days.  We enjoyed our time eating nicely prepared vegetarian meals that Sonoko found.  We ate things like black bean salads in whole wheat pita pockets and Quinoa and Kale burgers.

At 7 am I went to water arobics with Sonoko. This was very challenging to get up in time and go to the class.  But the water was warm and the people in the class were friendly and kind.  It is an hour long class where I was surrounded by people all over 65.  Through out the class we sing old familiar songs such as Dina won't you blow your horn.

In the afternoons I would spend with Joy working out in the very nicely updated gym and then going to the pool and swimming while she would lay out and read or study for one of her college classes. By early evening we would have happy hour whch consisted of crunchy snacks and some sort of alcoholic beverage.  Joy is 18 and not legal to drink; however she has been drinking many times before this week at Fountain of Youth.  I decided that drinking with her resposibly was the best way to teach her how to drink without making a fool of herself.

By night we played card games such as "Oh Hell" a bidding game led by Tom.  There was a lot of laughter and fun.  Fountain of Youth is an enormous RV park and is called a spa as well because it has natural mineral water hot tubs. One of the pools is a salt water pool, and the other is a chlorine pool.  This fabulous Resort has over 80 activities to enjoy and keep them young and healthy.

Now we are heading to Southern California to spend at the Pacific Ocean and play there. Just the three of us; myself, Joy and Rich.  The main thing that I learned at the Fountain of Youth is what I must do as well to make my life healthy and vibrant.  The secret is to get into a routine of excercize and eating the same things every day. I have a membership at the YMCA and there are over 80 classes offered there.  For me an early class that starts at 8 is something I could manage.  With my medication, namely Seraquel makes me feel extremely sleepy and I wake up with a bit of a medicine hangover.  I will have to work harder to overcome this tiredness; but I know I can break through it.

Comments

Popular Posts