Road trip to Portland

I had a great time with Carole and Lori on our road trip to Portland.  Although the outcome of the attempt to communicate with Jennifer did not turn out anywhere near I had invisioned it was a nice time to spend together. Carole drove and we stayed at a Holiday Inn which was a dog friendly place; we had a black lab with us a dog named Tater.  This was Carole's dog that lives with her family that she Nannys.

We found a fun beer garden that also allowed dogs.  They had 38 beers on tap and they were all brewed there.  You could have a sampler tray for just $6.  It was fun.  Then we went to the hotel and had dinner and spent the rest of the evening in the hotel.

The morning found us awake by 10 and hungry; although Carole could not eat due to preping for her colonoscopy.  Lori and I ate from the buffet and when we returned Carole was ready to roll.  We packed it in and headed out stopping once at a rest stop and then secondly at a drive through coffee hut.  I got 3 coffees for us all there was a tiny village made for little kids and we took pics and went inside the minituare town.  I got a great pic of Carole and Lori at this coffee stop.

I am home now and loving beig home.  It was a short stay. Just enough for Rich to miss me and be really glad I am home.  He made dinner aaahhh. So nice.

Comments

Popular Posts