Train my Brain

I have a new Mantra after shopping at Whole Foods for restocking the supplies for Smoothie making. I CARE ABOUT MY HEALTH AND NUTRITION. Rainbow Chard, Spinach, Oranges, 2 types of apples, orange cuties, Green Grapes, Red Grapes, Raspberries, Raw Cashews, frozen pineapples, frozen cherries, frozen blueberries, frozen blackberries. Most of which were organic. The cost of all this was $140. It seems like a lot however, it is my food and my family's extra source of nutrition. Once a week I am shopping at Whole Foods for smoothie making ingredients. I think I am making about 12 smoothies a day. That equals 82 smoothies a week. If I purchased; say a Naked Juice at the price of $4 a bottle. The Naked Juice is considerably smaller than the servings that I make. But for the purpose of a quick comparison; I would be spending $328 a week if I bought 82 Naked Juice bottles. My smoothies are freshly made and consumed immediately or occasionally a few hours later. My mantra has been today, I care about my health and nutrition. It is no big secret that we all need to consume more fruits and vegetables and that they are a strong source of vitamins for our health. Fruits and vegetables are cancer fighting and cancer preventive foods. The connection of my bipolar disorder and health and nutrition is enormous. I feel better physically; I am thinking more clearly. I have more energy for exercise. Do I still take my pharmaceutical medications? Absolutely. I will not give those up. My meds are essential. But now I am aware and awake to the fact that; I CARE ABOUT MY HEALTH AND NUTRITION.

Comments

  1. I buy frozen fruits and veggies for my smoothies. Not exactly cheap either but a better buy than fresh. And it actually is sort of a plus being frozen. I don't need ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I buy both fresh and frozen. Mostly rrozen peaches, berries and cherries. Recently, my 21 year of son just had his tonsils removed and smothies were one of his favorites to drink. My youngest son just had a mild concussion last night and the Athletic trainer said fruit and whole grains are the best brain food for him. I am glad to be prepared with all thsse smoothie materials.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts