Going Vegan

For only 3 days now I have been going Vegan. I feel really great. Although, I must admit; I do miss a scrambled egg sandwich.  Last night I bought donuts; but tried not to look at them so I would not tempt myself.
I have been a Pescatarian for about 2 years. This means I eat fish but no other meats. I rarely eat seafood; but when I visited Japan this was a lifesaver. Seafood is plentiful and I really enjoyed all the seafood there.
One thing I have noticed is I really don't eat a lot of fruits nor vegetables. I still eat a lot of junk food.
So now I am making smoothies of all sorts. Pumping myself and my family with fruits and vegetable in a smoothie. My sweet tooth is fading and my desire to eat junk food is disappearing.

I also have learned how to make cashew milk. Soaking the nuts overnight and then blending in the morning. It's delicious. I have been a big milk drinker all my life. My older sister still remembers how I would drink milk with pizza instead of soda.
So, this is a major life change. Taking my eating habits to a new level.
Eating fruits and veggies has always been a chore for me. So now making them into a smoothie is a delight.

This is the beginning; so I will blog more later.

Until then; happy blending

Comments

Popular Posts