Karma, my precious dog I feel I love more than life.


About a year and a half ago our family acquired a new dog.  She is a blue nose pitbull named, "Karma".  She is beautiful and extremely demanding of your love.  She was tied to a tree in the neighbor's yard for about 3 months.  I would sit on my deck and often times I would stare at her and she back at me.  We both were experiencing are own form of depression.  My heart grew to understand her better; and I could not help realizing that my life was way better than hers as I could come and go whenever I pleased.  She on the other hand was tied to a tree left to eat, drink, shit, piss and sleep in one extremely small area.  She would create her own fun sometimes making the best of things by chasing her own shadow.  But mostly she sat and stared into my eyes.  I was currently adding Lithium to my cocktail of drugs.  Day by day getting less depressed and more equalized. 

My husband, Rich had taken a liking to her and was feeding her doggy treats everyday.  She was warming up to him. I followed his example and gave her treats as well; getting her to trust me.  The poop was so concentrated around her area; I learned to wear my rubber boots to ensure that my running shoes wouldn't get soiled.

I must admit Karma was a very intimidating dog.  She didn't bark much and has these cropped ears that make her look like a demon.  She is intense and if you would be outside her eyes would be locked on you. I was quite afraid of her and so was Rich but we offered her treats; we became less afraid of her. I created more courage within myself by giving more love and attention to Karma.

Comments

Popular Posts